Dressers are an important piece of furniture in any household and they are even more useful when placed in a kitchen. If you are about to purchase a kitchen dresser for your kitchen then you need to do your research properly and look at all the varieties available before you make your final choice. This article will talk about the different types of dressers and the things you need to bear in mind before you buy your kitchen dresser.
There are two main types of dressers:
- Chests – They are relatively taller than standard dressers and are mostly used for storage in bedrooms.
- Dressers – These are typically not very tall and many contain up to a maximum of three rows of drawers either in a single column or stacked side by side in 2 columns.
When you buy a kitchen dresser you want to settle for one that obviously matches with the rest of your kitchen design. Also it needs to fit into your kitchen space without making it look cramped. But more than these two things you need to make sure it is of good quality as it needs to withstand a greasy area and constant flow of people. Following are the things you need to look out for:
- Quality and finish of the wood – Either check the tag on the dresser for information about the quality of the wood or ask the sales representative in the store. Ask which wood the dresser is made from. Hardwood dressers are more durable and resist dings better than the ones made from softer wood such as pine. Also make sure that the finish goes all the way around the dresser and is not just on the surface that is visible. Make sure the top surface is finished as this is where most things will be placed.
- Hardware – Hardware includes all the handles and knobs on the drawers of the kitchen dresser. Make sure they have been attached tightly and are not loose. Also check if they are of good quality as you don’t want their polish to wear off soon. Another thing to check is the slides; you want them to be smooth to help you pull the drawers in and out easily.
- Size – Last, but not the least, make sure that the size of the dresser you like fits your needs i.e. whether it will fit all the things that you want to put in it.
Just follow these simple tips to get yourself the best kitchen dresser.