Design My Kitchen
“I want to design my kitchen”. Is that what you have been thinking lately? Designing a kitchen can be one of the most daunting and terrifying tasks for anyone. There are just so many aspects you need to think about. Whether you are building it from scratch or planning a renovation, it takes up a lot of time, money and effort. This article will give you some great tips to help you design your kitchen.
- Think before you act – Redesigning a kitchen is not an easy process. You need to think and be clear of what you want. Study you kitchen floor plan and see what shape it is, whether it U-shaped, L-shaped or shaped like a corridor. This is going to largely affect the design of your kitchen and the placement of appliances and other items in the kitchen.
- Have enough space for storage – When you draw out your plans make sure you keep enough room for storage. You can’t have everything at once on the counter tops. There are things such as utensils and food items that will have to be stored and you need space for that. Make sure you design the storage areas that will help you move around the kitchen better.
- Lighting – Deciding beforehand how and where you want the lighting fixtures to go is very important. Once you have the overall kitchen plan ready, mark out the area for light fixtures such as over the island, near the cooking range, inside the cabinets, in the cozy corner and so on. Make sure you make all the necessary electrical arrangements.
Design My Kitchen
- Placement of appliances – Carefully plan out how and where all appliances need to go. As a thumb rule the dishwasher needs to be close to the sink. Also the cooking range, sink and refrigerator need to form a work triangle for ensuring that the kitchen is functional and also makes optimum use of space.
- Surfaces – Decide on what material you want to put on all your surfaces, be it floor, walls or countertops. There are many different kinds of material available such as ceramic tile, glass, cork, terracotta, hardwood and so on. Carefully consider the pros and cons of each material and then decide which suits your needs best.
- Budget – This is probably the most important thing to keep in mind. Stick to your budget if you want to be happy once the redesign is done.
Follow these tips and design a beautiful kitchen for yourself.