Whilst pipes and establishment is best left to a qualified expert, in case you’re skillful at DIY, you can in any case spare time and cash by fitting you’re new shower screen.
Shower screens arrive in a mixed bag of shapes and sizes and can be:
• Static (doesn’t move)
• Pivoted (moves outwards or inwards)
• Foldable (concertinas and overlap away)
A shower screen is most usually utilized with straight showers, so a shower can be utilized whilst standing up as a part of the shower. The shower screen keeps water from sprinkling into the washroom when utilizing the shower. Shower window ornaments are at times utilized for the same reason, yet are viewed as a touch obsolete and unhygienic when contrasted with simple to-clean shower screens.
Before you do anything
Continuously unload your shower screen quickly after conveyance. Check for any harm or deficiencies as it’s ideal to discover them now, instead of amid establishment. Continuously kill your water at the mains before endeavoring any DIY in the washroom.
Apparatuses you’ll require:
• Electric drill
• Covering tape
• Sealant weapon
• Soul level
• Standard screwdrivers
• Measuring tape
Check you have the accompanying:
• Normally supplied with the board:
• Glass screen and casing
• Screw tops
• Divider channels
• Divider fittings
Fitting your shower screen
• Fit the seal to the base of the screen. Verify the fold is within the screen (this will prevent water from getting underneath the screen).
• Drill three gaps in the divider channel at equivalent lengths along it, sufficiently substantial for screws.
• Move the shower screen into position, with the goal that it sits along within edge of the shower (this will help water to run straight down into the shower).
• Move the divider channel into position. Utilizing your soul level, guarantee it’s splendidly vertical. Mark the drill positions utilizing your pencil.
• Drill your pilot gaps for divider screws and addition your divider fittings, utilizing your sledge to daintily tap these into spot if fundamental.
• Include a line of silicone sealant to the back of the divider channel and screw to the divider utilizing your screws.
• Embed the screen into the divider channel. Take care of the top and base screws on the edge where it attaches to the divider channel.
• Utilizing silicone sealant, seal the external edges of the shower screen around the base of the divider channel where it meets the shower and around 50mm up the divider channel where it meets the divider.